04 julho 2024

Clean / This is me trying


Ten months sober, I must admit / Just because you're clean, don't mean you don't miss it / Ten months older, I won't give in / Now that I'm clean, I'm never gonna risk it / The drought was the very worst / When the flowers that we'd grown together died of thirst / The rain came pouring down / When I was drownin', that's when I could finally breathe / And by morning / Gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean.



And it's hard to be at a party when I feel like an open wound / It's hard to be anywhere these days when all I want is you / You're a flashback in a film reel on the one screen in my town / And I just wanted you to know that this is me trying / (And maybe I don't quite know what to say) / I just wanted you to know that this is me trying.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário